Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day Four - My Favorite Book

To say that I love to read would be an incredible understatement. Reading has been something I have done for enjoyment for as long as I can remember. When I sit down with a book, it is very hard to put it down. I can get so engrossed in reading that I will lose all track of time, which, when you have a family isn’t a good thing. So, I have to learn to practice self control with my reading. That isn’t always easy.

Once again, I can’t pick just one…I love the Bible because it is still just as relevant today as it was 2000 years ago. People in the Bible experienced the same struggles, triumphs, heartaches, and fears that I do. And the Lord has blessed us in giving us His Word to lead us and guide us in our life experiences.


I also love “The Pilgrim’s Progress” by John Bunyan. I have found so many truths in this allegory that have been evident in my own life, and seeing how Christian and Christiana struggled thru even their own failures to come out strong in faith and a testimony to the faithfulness of the only One who never fails.


One of the books that has been most recently added to my favorites list is “Experiencing God” by Henry Blackaby, Richard Blackaby, and Claude King. This book has blessed me in so many ways and helped me to see the many ways that I was experiencing God’s work in my life when I didn’t even realize it.


The second recent addition has helped me so much in the trials and struggles I have experienced in the past year. Robert J. Morgan took a fresh look at how the Lord moved for the Israelites by the Red Sea and came up with ten “rules” for helping believers through trials and difficulties in this life: “The Red Sea Rules”.

No comments:

Post a Comment