Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 15 - Your Dream Home

My dream home is difficult to describe.  I recognize that a house does not make a home.  A place does not make a home.  The old adage says, "Home is where the heart is."  And in light of that I wish I could sound all spiritual and say that my home is just fine because I have my family around me, and that I have all I need.  And I guess that is true in some ways.  I am thankful to still have my husband with me.  I am thankful the Lord blessed us with a wonderful child.  I am thankful the Lord has provided all of our needs and then some.  And yet to say that I am completely content would be a lie.  I feel guilty that I am not completely content with all the Lord has given me.  And yet, I long for a house nestled in the midst of some mountains where I can see the mountains that I long for every day.  Reds, oranges, and golds all around me as the crisp air of fall descends into the valley.  Snow scattering the ground on cold mornings when my breath turns into mist that curls through the air.  Apples and pumpkins and hay rides in the chilly night air.  A stream that meanders across our property that I can lay next to during the heat of summer and listen to it gurgle, or that Sammy and I can sit dangling our feet in the cool water.  My heart longs for this with an ache I cannot explain.  Whenever we visit the mountains, I cry when we leave.  I know I need to learn to be content where God has me for now, and for the most part, I am, but the longing never goes away.  And all I can do is pray that one day, the Lord will grant me this desire of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to this, Nicole. You pictured my ideal setting perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete