Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fun day

Well, to be honest, I haven't had the best days lately. I have had to come to accept that something that I have desired for a long time is not possible for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't resent that fact, it just took the Lord awhile to get me to the point that I could look past myself long enough to see another person who is dear to me that needs me. You see, I needed to see that I need to be here for my mom. My mom and I haven't always had the best of relationships, but the past few years the Lord has built a relationship between us that I wouldn't trade for anything. My mom is very dear to me, and she is very attached to Sammy. I have desired to move to Virginia for a long time, and I was so focused on what I wanted that I never paid much attention to anything other than that. The Lord had to really get my attention to remind me that I am not here on this earth to serve myself, just as my Lord didn't come to be served but to serve. I love my mom, and I want to be there for her if she ever needs me. So, I have asked the Lord to help change my desire. That has not been at all an easy process. So, it was nice today to be able to go and spend some time with my sisters at church, and to visit my dear friend, Amy. She fed us lunch, and we had a great time of fellowship for which I am grateful... It got me out of myself for awhile. I need that more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment